No one plans on hiring a roofing company. But when the time comes, they ensure they find the best one. And when it comes to finding a good roofer, 85% of the population begins their search online, particularly on Google.
Does your roofing business show up when people search for services near them? If not, you are missing out on a major share of the market to your competitors who do. The roofing industry is cut-throat and competitive. To ensure your potential customers choose you, ensure your business is visible to them when they search online.
And one of the best ways to do this is search engine optimization (SEO).
Read on to know what is roofing SEO, why it is important, what SEO services are, and how much search engine optimization costs roofers.
What is SEO for Roofers?
SEO for roofers is a proven practice of optimizing your website to improve its ranking on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) for different roofing-related keywords. By implementing a wide range of white-hat SEO practices, a roofing company can improve the visibility of their business on SERPs through higher page rankings. This would mean more qualified leads for your business and greater conversions from prospects who are actively searching for roofing products & services online.
Optimization means improving your website, as well as your online presence, in a way that meets the guidelines of search engine algorithms. The more optimized your website is, the easier it becomes for search engine algorithms to find it, index it, and rank it when a potential customer searches for roofing services. The higher your website ranking, the greater your chances of driving potential customers to your business.
Why SEO is Important for Roofers?
When it comes to hiring local services such as roofing, a majority of people search online today. And most of these searches happen on search engines like Google or Bing. To have your roofing company found by prospective customers who are actively searching for a roofer, it is important to devise a strong SEO strategy.
Discussed here are some of the key benefits of SEO for roofing companies:
- It helps improve your website ranking on SERPs for roofing-related search terms, such as “roofers near me,” “roofers in San Antonio,” etc. So, when people are actually searching for roofing services using these terms, your website is likely to get ranked higher if it is optimized for the same.
- Websites that rank high in SERPs are considered more trustworthy and credible. This is crucial for local service providers such as roofing companies because the competition is tough in the industry and you need to stand out from the crowd.
- Roofing SEO ensures your website ranks on the first page of Google SERPs because 75% of searchers do not scroll past the first page.
- Search engine optimization also ensures improved user experience on your website. Google ranks a website based on its quality of content, user experience, and relevance to the search query. So, if you optimize the website, it would mean an enhanced experience for your visitors.
- SEO is a more cost-effective digital marketing option than roofing advertising such as pay-per-click ads.
- With a proven SEO strategy, your roofing company can attract leads who are already interested in becoming your customers. 49% of digital marketers state that organic search drives the highest ROI for websites.
Professional Roofing SEO Services Can Help Grow Your Business
Despite all the benefits that SEO for roofers has, it can be a complex process. It is a vast marketing practice that involves a wide range of tactics to deliver the desired results. At the same time, SEO takes time. Therefore, it is ideal to hire a professional roofing SEO company that can help you navigate through the process and leverage the benefits.
Discussed here are the key roofing SEO services that can help grow your business:
- Website Audit & Competitor Research: The SEO agency will perform a thorough website analysis that involves understanding various aspects –
- Current website ranking on SERPs
- Technical elements such as website speed, ease of navigation, website structure, etc.
- Bottlenecks that are preventing the website from ranking in search engines
- Local visibility of your website, off-site citations, social media presence, etc.
- How you are using roofing-related keywords on your website
- What SEO practices your competitors are using, their SERP rankings, target audience base, etc?
An in-depth analysis helps devise a strong SEO strategy for your roofing company.
- Technical SEO: Improving the technical elements of your website make it easy to crawl for search engines and more user-friendly. A roofing SEO agency will make necessary tweaks to ensure your website is fast, mobile-friendly, and secure. They will optimize the website’s existing content, code, and structure to ensure they adhere to the best SEO practices.
- Conversion Rate Optimization: SEO also involves performing Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) on all elements of the website, such as calls-to-action, contact forms, navigational links, buttons, etc. This helps deliver an improved user experience and also drives better conversions.
- Content Development: Content marketing is a vital aspect of professional roofing SEO services. This involves creating in-depth, well-written, and high-quality content that adds value to the readers and improves your search engine rankings. Optimize the content with roofing-related videos, infographics, voice search, digital assistants, etc.
- Local SEO: Roofing is a highly localized service. When people search for roofing companies, they typically look for someone in their vicinity. Therefore, they use search terms like “roofers near me,” or “roofers in San Antonio,” etc. This means the keywords have a high local intent. As a roofing company, it is important for you to rank high for these local search terms and drive more relevant traffic.
Local roofing SEO involves:
- Creating local citations in popular directories like Facebook, Yelp, Angie’s List, etc.
- Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) page, including your complete address, service area, phone number, business hours, maps listing, etc.
- Optimizing the content by including local roofing keywords
- Managing and monitoring backlink opportunities to establish authority
- Analytics & Reporting: SEO agencies use powerful analytical tools such as Google Analytics to continuously monitor campaign performance and ensure it is on the right track. They will also install call tracking to monitor incoming phone calls and conversion rates. Analytics also involves checking for bottlenecks in the campaign or penalties imposed by search engines. Based on their analysis, the SEO agency will submit a comprehensive report to the client.
How Much Does Roofing SEO Cost?
Hiring roofing SEO services can be a nightmare, especially if you do not have an idea of how much it can cost your company. If you browse online, you will find prices varying from a few hundred dollars to $5,000 per month. This can confuse you even further. To help you understand, we have outlined different forms of SEO pricing for roofing companies and what you should expect to pay.
Typically, SEO costs for roofers will vary based on the following pricing models:
- Project-based SEO
- Hourly SEO
- Monthly SEO
In most cases, you will find monthly SEO packages starting from $400 per month. Hourly SEO may vary between $75 and $150 an hour, depending on the number of web pages and keywords to be optimized. The cost of project-based SEO may vary based on the services included, the number of pages & keywords to be optimized, the size of your website, competition, and other factors.
There are 6 crucial factors that help determine the cost of your roofing SEO. These are:
- The competitiveness of your target market, i.e., how many roofing companies are there in the location you serve.
- The number of roofing-related keywords you want to target
- The competitiveness of the keywords
- The size and complexity of your website to be optimized
- How many locations do you want to target using SEO
- How quickly do you want SEO to deliver results for your website
Discussed here is an example of how SEO cost is determined based on the above factors.
Suppose, you target the keyword “green roof painting” and are the only roofing company in your area to provide the service. In this case, the keyword competitiveness for “green roof painting” will be typically low and so is your market competition. Additionally, the number of people searching using this keyword will also be low.
Hence, it will be easier for the roofing SEO company to optimize your website and rank it for the keyword. Therefore, you can expect the costs to be lower.
On the other hand, suppose you target the keyword “emergency roof repair” and you are among thirty other roofing companies in the city providing the service. This means all your competitors would want to rank for the keyword. At the same time, there will be a lot of people using this keyword to find local roofing companies.
In this case, there are several obstacles in the process of SEO – be it in the form of keyword competitiveness, competitive target market, etc. Hence, the roofing SEO agency will need to implement more strategies to deliver the desired results. Since these strategies take expertise and time, you can expect to pay higher prices.
The below image will help you understand different types of SEO pricing models:
Hire a Roofing SEO Agency That Delivers Upon Revenues, Not Rankings
Search Engine Optimization is definitely about boosting your SERP rankings and visibility. But if your SEO agency vouches only upon rankings and promises to get you the #1 rank for every keyword in the list, then beware. This is because higher page rankings on Google hold no value unless they can help achieve increased revenues. Along with higher rankings, it is important to have a steady influx of qualified leads with high conversion potential.
Therefore, it is important to find a roofing SEO company that does not just eye for higher rankings but also increased ROI for your business.
Frequently Asked Questions
Just like any other business, roofing companies also need SEO. Today, a majority of people search online to find local service providers near them, such as roofers. Simply having a website is not enough to reach out to these people and promote your services. It is important to make the website visible on search engines and get your business in front of your potential customers.
And that’s what roofing SEO is all about. It helps improve your website rankings in search engines, making it easier for potential customers to find you easily. For roofers of any type and size, SEO is an integrated marketing strategy.
SEO for roofers includes the following:
- Website analysis and competition research
- Local citation and Google My Business profile optimization
- Technical SEO
- Content development
- Link building
- Analytics and Reporting
Continuous monitoring, tweaking, and improving the campaign
The cost of SEO for roofers will vary based on the complexity and size of the project. It depends on a wide range of factors such as keyword competitiveness, your market competition, the number of keywords you want to optimize for, the complexity of your website structure, etc.
The SEO agency should provide a nearly accurate price estimate based on a quick analysis of your website, its present ranking in SERPs, and other factors. Typically, the cost of SEO for roofing companies starts from $400 per month.
The length of time SEO will take to achieve the desired results depend on the amount of work that needs to be done on your roofing website and the keyword competitiveness. Search engine optimization is a long-drawn process and it may take several months before you can see visible results.
While there is no definitive timeframe within which roofing SEO will deliver results, you can start seeing results within 6 months from the campaign take-off. Having said that, some roofing companies may see the results sooner, while it may take longer for others to reap the benefits. It all depends on the size and complexity of the SEO project.
If there are too many SEO techniques in place and the website requires a significant amount of optimization, then the results may take time.
SEO is an in-depth and complex digital marketing process that involves a broad range of tactics, algorithm guidelines, and best practices. Understanding and implementing the right SEO strategy can be intimidating for a roofing company. Additionally, it can be difficult to stay updated with the latest algorithm changes and optimize your online presence likewise.
Hiring a roofing SEO agency can give you complete peace of mind. They will handle every aspect of roofing SEO, while you can take care of your core business. From analyzing your website to devising a proven strategy to continuous monitoring and analytics, they will do it all to deliver desired results.
Continuous campaign monitoring and performance analysis are the best to track and measure SEO results for a roofing company. SEO agencies use a wide range of tools like Google Analytics to monitor how a campaign is performing and identify loopholes if any. Based on the analysis, they will provide daily or monthly reporting.