Search engine optimization is important if you want to build brand awareness, grow your target audience, and drive increased ROI. When your website ranks at the top of Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), search engines and users typically consider it trustworthy and high-quality. This helps establish the credibility of your business.
More importantly, SEO is crucial to help improve organic search traffic. It is highly targeted and provides long-term results. Higher rankings on SERPs mean greater visibility which helps promote your business and target your audiences at every stage of the buying funnel. Search engine optimization strengthens your digital marketing strategy and complements your PPC campaigns to drive better results.
Summing up, SEO is critical for businesses of any size and type, offering a broad spectrum of services that include:
- Drives increased customers through organic search
- Improved organic visibility that leads to higher website traffic
- Helps build trust, credibility, and search engine authority
- SEO targets audiences across the marketing funnel
- Optimizes your user experience
- Helps improve your PPC success
So, what makes a successful SEO strategy? Refer to the image below:
These key aspects of SEO are crucial to help drive effective results for all types of businesses.
How SEO Helped a Video Invitation Company Drive a 400% Rise in Organic Revenue?
To help you better understand the benefits of search engine optimization, we will discuss SEO case studies of a video invitation company that witnessed a 400% rise in organic ROI. Analyzing this case study will help leverage effective SEO strategies for your business and generate higher ROI.
Sending invitations for events and special occasions via video content is gaining prominence nowadays. A video is a powerful tool that helps convey your message in a thoughtful and engaging way. Therefore, video invitation has emerged as a lucrative industry today, paving the way for creativity to make the invitation more appealing.
While there is a steady growth in demand for video invitations, one of the biggest challenges that the service providers in this field face are – exposure. The competition is cut-throat and it can be difficult to establish your brand presence, especially on the Internet. Building a strong web presence is crucial for video invitation companies because most people begin their search for video invitation services online.
However, newer websites like the one we will discuss in this eCommerce SEO case study face difficulties driving high-quality leads for their business. The brand that we are talking about here is a video invitation company that has a relatively new website – only 4 months in February 2022 when they hired an experienced SEO agency to drive quality results for their business. The company had no SEO strategy in place and only nominal traffic was coming to the website – that too through social media channels. There was a lack of high-quality, long-term organic traffic. Hence, the company was having a tough time achieving its ROI objectives.
Initial Analysis of the Website
The video invitation company approached an expert SEO agency that started with a thorough analysis of the business and the website. This helped identify the loopholes that were limiting the company from driving traffic and higher profitability.
- No targeted keywords or technical SEO strategies were in place which affected their rankings in SERPs
- No quality backlinks which prevented the company from establishing a high search engine authority and credibility
Lack of high-quality, SEO-optimised, meaningful, and engaging content
Developing an SEO Strategy
Keeping all the challenges and limitations in mind, the SEO agency had to build a holistic strategy from scratch. This included the following key elements:
- Keyword Research and Optimisation: Through extensive keyword research and competitor analysis, the SEO agency identified the most relevant keywords that have high search potential and garner more clicks. They used various keyword research tools that helped generate appropriate keywords that are crucial for effective search engine optimization.
The keywords were prioritized based on their average monthly number of searches, keyword difficulty, and other factors. Competitor analysis also played an integral role here in generating relevant and high-quality keywords. At the same time, the SEO agency focused on keyword optimization, placing the right keywords at the right places such as the landing pages, service pages, meta tags, H1 H2 tags, alt tags, header, footer, etc.
This is crucial in helping search engine bots crawl the pages and index them better for higher search engine rankings.
- Technical SEO: User experience on your website plays a crucial role in influencing your search engine rankings and credibility. Therefore, improving the technical aspects of your website is important. Keeping this in mind, the SEO agency prioritized improving the technical SEO elements of the website. This involved working on several aspects such as:
- Improving the website loading speed
- Creating a responsive website design so that it renders the same view, feel, and user experience on all devices
- Making the website easy to navigate
- Quality Content Creation: To attract more website traffic and improve search engine rankings, the SEO agency established an effective content strategy. This involved curating high-quality, relevant, and engaging content that attracts audiences and persuades them to take positive action. At the same time, the content was made SEO-friendly by including the right keywords, creating well-optimized meta titles & catchy headlines, optimizing meta descriptions, adding visual content, and improving the content structure & readability.
The website’s search engine ranking was badly hit by cannibalization. To address this, the SEO agency took definitive measures to identify keyword cannibalization and fix the problem.
They also removed spammy links from the website that were affecting user experience and search engine rankings.
- Improving the E-A-T: To build strong brand awareness, boost SERP rankings and drive organic traffic, the SEO company worked dedicatedly to improve Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness.
E-A-T is a vital SEO ranking factor and can help boost visibility, generate quality backlinks, and drive targeted audiences.
- Quality Backlinks: The SEO agency also made backlinking an integral part of the SEO strategy for the video invitation company. Backlinks from high-authority websites are an important Google ranking factor, deliver improved user experience and help establish brand credibility.
Over a period of 6 months, the video invitation company achieved proven SEO with real results:
- Higher SERP ranking in popular search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo
- 573.55% rise in organic website traffic
- Approximately 40% rise in organic conversions
400% increase in revenue through organic SEO
SEO is a continuous, never-ending process that delivers long-term results – regardless of the type or size of the business. Analyzing these ecommerce SEO case studies will help understand the importance of search engine optimization and how to leverage it to drive organic traffic and boost your ROI.