Home buying patterns have changed considerably today – thanks to the fast-paced penetration of smartphones in our lives. According to Statista, approximately 99% of home buyers in the age group of 23 to 56 years used the Internet to find homes in 2021.
More and more consumers look for valuable information online to make informed real estate decisions. They search for real estate agents on search engines like Google, read reviews online, watch videos on YouTube, and even search on the go using their mobile devices. In fact, Google’s internal data shows that real estate-related searches have increased by more than 253% over the past 4 years.
If you are in the real estate business and still do not appear on search engines when prospective clients search for related services, then it’s time to rethink your marketing strategy. More and more consumers now use search engines to make informed real estate decisions. Hence, it is imperative for real estate businesses to build a strong presence on search engines and boost visibility online.
A higher website ranking in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs) is one of the best ways to get noticed and cut through the competition. So, how can real estate businesses make their website rank high in SERPs? The answer is – real estate SEO services.
What is Real Estate SEO?
Search engine optimization for real estate refers to effective optimization strategies you implement both on-site and off-site. These optimization tactics make it easier for search engines to find your website and rank it in SERPs for relevant search terms (keywords). When your real estate website gets ranked on the #1 page of search engine results, it brings your business right in front of prospective clients when they search for related products and services.
With the right SEO strategies in place, real estate businesses can witness a steady increase in the number of website traffic, leads, and conversions.
Why is SEO Important for Real Estate Businesses?
There are several reasons why search engine optimization services for real estate are absolutely important in today’s digital era.
The following infographic will give you a quick idea of it:
- Stay ahead of your competitors: The real estate industry is cut-throat competitive today. According to The New York Times, the number of real estate agents has increased significantly, especially during the pandemic. SEO enables you to put your real estate business at the forefront and cut through the competition in the SERPs.
- Build brand awareness: High-quality, SEO-friendly content is one of the most powerful ways to educate your audiences and add value to their real estate journey. It also helps boost your rankings in SERPs, establishing trust and credibility. And improved brand awareness results in higher conversion rates.
- A powerful lead generation tool: Real estate SEO is an effective lead generation tool, which you can seamlessly integrate into your marketing and sales funnel. In-depth content, high authority links, and a well-optimized online presence can attract new leads into your funnel and guide them to the conversion point.
- Leverage the power of analytics: Data-driven analytics and market research are integral tools of SEO for real estate. These enable you to better understand the needs of your clients, address their pain points, and improve your services. This eventually results in effective brand building and higher conversions.
- Get noticed: Let’s face it – if your real estate website does not rank on the first page of a search engine, then it doesn’t exist (at least for your prospective customers). This is because more than 75% of online users never scroll past the first page. Only an expert real estate SEO company can devise result-oriented strategies that can take your website to the #1 page of Google search results.
Real Estate SEO Tips to Drive Great Business Results
Getting started with real estate search engine optimization can be intimidating. Here are 6 actionable tips to help achieve SEO success.
Conduct a Thorough SEO Audit
Before you can devise an SEO strategy, it is crucial to understand where you presently stand. A comprehensive SEO audit enables you to identify which parts of your real estate website are performing well and which areas need improvements. An SEO audit can help you determine the following:
- Is your website ranking for keywords with local intent?
- Are you driving organic traffic?
- Is your website generating qualified leads and getting conversions?
The SEO analysis should focus on key areas of your website – its structure, titles & meta descriptions, page URLs, alt tags, links, content, and usability.
Use the Right Keywords
For a successful SEO campaign, it is important to target the right keywords. Search engines like Google use keywords to match a user’s search intent with your website content. So, choose carefully.
For better reach, use a mix of broad-match keywords as well as niche keywords. This will help improve your search engine ranking for related searches. For instance, you can target broad key phrases such as “real estate agent” or “realtor.” You can also target niche keywords like “condos for sale in San Antonio.”
Also include some long-tail keywords that will enable you to better capture the searcher’s intent. Long-tail keywords are also less competitive and it becomes easier to rank for them.
Make your Website Mobile-Friendly
More than 72% of buyers use mobile devices to search for products or services online. Does your website deliver the same look and feel on a small screen like that as its desktop version? If not, then you are missing out on a major share of prospective clients who search via their mobile devices. Additionally, not having a mobile-friendly website can also affect your search engine rankings.
This is because Google considers user experience as an important ranking metric. If your real estate website does not deliver an improved mobile experience, it would not rank high in SERPs. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to make your site mobile-accessible. And creating a responsive website design is the first step to it.
Make Quality Content the Foremost Priority
Let’s get it clear – Google will no longer fall for your keyword-stuffed, lackluster content. For search engines, the topmost priority is to serve the searchers with the best-quality content that meets their purpose. And that should be your priority too.
Focus on curating high-value, helpful content that takes an in-depth approach to the topic and adds value to the searcher. Include the right keywords in the right place and in a logical, natural way. Make the content more meaningful and engaging using images, videos, infographics, etc. wherever it makes sense.
Leverage the Power of Local SEO
Real estate services are highly localized. Therefore, it makes more sense to use local SEO services for real estate. It is the best way to reach out to potential clients who are searching for real estate solutions in a particular city or neighborhood that you serve. Even search engines like providing information that is highly specific to their search intent. So, localizing your SEO efforts can deliver visible results.
Here are some quick tips for you:
- Create or claim your Google My Business (GMB) listing
- The Name, Address, and Phone Number (NAP) of your real estate firm must match the NAP on the GMB listing
- Ensure you have a physical address in the area you target
- Include a map on your website leading to your location
- Create a unique landing page for each business location you target
- Make use of local citations
- Get more positive business reviews
Work on Getting High Authority Backlinks
Links coming from top-ranking, high-authority websites indicate a lot about your real estate business’s credibility in the field. Not only it helps build trust among prospective clients but also delivers an improved user experience. High-quality links are also an important Google ranking metric.
However, getting one is not easy. Do not fall for black-hat link-building practices because they can get your site penalized. Rather, focus on creating high-quality, unique, and valuable content that other websites will love to share and link to. Guest posting on high-authority websites, news sites, or blogs is also an effective way of getting quality links.
Frequently Asked Questions
Real estate SEO helps improve search engine visibility, getting your website more targeted traffic. Leveraging local SEO practices allow you to rank high for keywords with local intent and appear in front of people who are actively searching for real estate solutions.
A real estate SEO consultant provides a broad range of services, including:
- Website audit
- Technical SEO, including improving the site structure, speed, UI/UX, and mobile accessibility
- Keyword research and optimization
- Content development
- Link building
- Analytics and Reporting
SEO for real estate is an in-depth, long-drawn process. You cannot expect results overnight. However, with effective search engine optimization, you can start seeing visible results in 4-6 months.
The cost of real estate SEO services varies depending on various factors, such as keyword competitiveness, market competition, your current website ranking, etc. Typically, it starts from $400 monthly.