1. Experience in SEO field - This is the most important approach and is MUST for an agent. It never ends and it implies a rule: Quality of work is directly proportional to the experience which is again directly proportional to the time you spent for SEO activities.
2. White Hat SEO - SEO techniques is classified into two broad categories: White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO. White Hats tend to produce results that last a long time, whereas Black Hats anticipate that their sites may eventually be banned either temporarily or permanently once the search engines discover what they are doing.
The only approach of an agent should be White Hat SEO and it refers to the usage of SEO strategies, techniques and tactics that focus on a human audience opposed to search engines and completely follows search engines rules and policies.
3. Link building – Link Building is one of the SEO approach that help in providing high search engine page ranking and improved visibility to a website. For any professional web developer, link building forms the backbone of SEO operations that helps in bringing quality web traffic to your website. Link building is an efficient way of enhancing the popularity of a website.
4. Building link wheels – A link wheel is a linking approach that uses a group of sites to make one site appear to be an authority site. By using a link wheel system, the promoted site will receive improved rankings in the search engines organic rating. Just like a real wheel the link wheel uses a hug and spoke format. The spokes employed are major web 2.0 web authorities and the hub (or center of the wheel) is the promoted site. All other spokes link back to the promoted site and link to each other in a circle. Most link wheels use 6 authority sites in order to create the wheel. The Google algorithm supposedly likes this format because it looks natural.
5. Competitor analysis – Many SEO agents are focused on receiving ranking reports for their keywords as a major deliverable associated with a properly managed SEO campaign. Apart form this, understanding your competitors — their strategy, their tactics, their level of success, etc. — is crucial to the success of your SEO initiatives. We are not just talking about traditional competitors, we are referring to the other sites occupying spots in the SERPs (search engine results pages) for keywords that you are targeting. Below are the sub-approaches for SEO Competitor Analysis approach:
- Meta data
- Keyword Focus
- Site Structure
- Additional Files
- Internal Linking
- Site Performance
6. Strategic approach - It’s hard to think about creating an effective SEO approach without first developing the content marketing strategy. Getting people to your web pages is one thing, getting customers to feel and think a certain way about your content, and then creating a behavior change is another all together. The two go hand in hand, but without a content strategy that makes sense for your business and your customers, the SEO strategy …won’t accomplish the organizational goals and tactics of the business.
7. Handling of google updates (Panda) – Each year, Google changes its search algorithm up to 500-600 times. While most of these changes are minor, every few months Google rolls out a “major” algorithmic update that affect search results in significant ways. For a SEO agent, knowing the dates of these Google updates can help explain changes in rankings and organic website traffic.
Understanding these updates always help with an effective search engine optimization